PR and Communications Executive
We need a confident and proactive individual to join our growing company and join the team to promote and effectively communicate the company’s mission, products or services. You will work closely with the management team to gain exposure for the company across various channels and communicate Perky Pear’s message to the public. Responsibilities include identifying press opportunities and contacting well know publications to gain coverage for our brand. You will serve as the company’s media liaison and you will be creating more business opportunities via press outlets along with our affiliate and ambassador programmes. This individual needs to have the skills and attitude to eventually be a manager within this department and eventually lead their own team. This job role will start in January but we are looking for applicants now.
- -Write and send press releases to media contacts using our in house software
- -Confidently contact various media outlets to communicate the Perky Pear story
- -Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand, maximising opportunities for positive PR exposure in different media outlets.
- -Contact influencers and gain contacts for possible promotions
- -Help to expand our affiliate programme by contacting fashion brands and creating awareness of our brand. Successfully communicate our USP’s to gain more exposure and create business relationships with stores across the UK.
- -Ideally a higher education degree or equivalent
- -PR degree not essential but preferred
- -Excellent communication and writing skills
- -Influencing and negotiation skills
- -Excellent I.T skills
- -Confident using software such as Microsoft office especially Microsoft Excel
- -Confident talking on the phone
- -Sound knowledge and understanding of media processes (including social media, blogs)
- -Good PR skills and understanding of how the media works
- -Good knowledge of news and current affairs
- -Bright, self-motivated and driven
- -High sense of personal responsibility
- -Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- -Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning
- -Credible, confident and articulate, with good presentation skills
- -Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- -Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
Salary starts at 18k. Negotiable depending on experience. To apply please email email@example.com
Perky Pear offices are currently based in Stockport Greater Manchester.